To get your vehicle back from the public road, please read information below:
1. Release from the pound
- Call the Municipal Police (02 35 07 94 80 or 02 35 07 94 85) or the National Police (02 32 81 25 00) or the Municipal Pound (02 32 72 61 20) to confirm the removal. Before calling, please check the vehicle’s registration.
- Bring the vehicle registration document (up to date with all modifications: change of address, owner transfer, technical inspection, etc.), a valid insurance certificate and your driver’s license.
- Go to the Municipal Police station (40 rue Orbe) to obtain the authorization to leave your vehicle. You will be put in touch with the Impoundment Service from Monday to Friday from 8:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 02 35 07 94 85.
- Outside of these hours, you must go to the Police Station, 9 rue Brisout de Barneville or contact the National Police at 02 32 81 25 00.
Once all the documents are in order, you can go to the impound where your vehicle will be returned 24 hours a day, subject to payment of the impound fees. (Article R 293 of the highway code)
If the person picking up the vehicle is not the owner of this vehicle, he or she must have a power of attorney from the vehicle owner.
2. Pound fee
For the “Private Vehicles” category, the fees are structured as follows:
- Removal: 121,27 €.
- Preliminary operations: 15,20 €.
- Custody fees: 6,42€ per 24 hours (any day started is due)
- Ability fees after the 3rd day of custody: 61 €.
- You will find all the fees in this document.